FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Do I have to be a member to submit a presentation?
- I forgot my log in, what now?
- Can I submit a presentation on behalf of someone else?
- How do I edit a presentation I have already submitted?
- How are sessions selected?
- When will I find out if my session was selected?
- What does the status accepted, pending acceptance, hold, declined, and new mean?
- Is there a PowerPoint template?
- Will I receive a registration code?
- How do I get the registration code?
- When should I book my hotel room?
- What do I need to bring when I am presenting?
- I'm interested in sharing my presentation outside of a face-to-face conference. Are there any opportunities to present online?
1. Do I have to be a member to submit a presentation?
Every presenter must have a Quest website login. If you don’t have one yet getting a login is easy and it’s free! Email email@example.com with the following information: Name, job title, company, company address, and email address. Ask for a free bronze membership.
2. I forgot my log in, what now?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide them with your name and email. They can reset this for you.
3. Can I submit a presentation on behalf of someone else?
Yes! You can submit a session on behalf of someone else. You can also edit the session you submitted.
4. How do I edit a presentation I have already submitted?
On the presenter’s resources page (under the events tab) go to the event and click the edit link.
5. How are sessions selected?
A group of special interest group leaders make up the content selection committee. These dedicated leaders review all session ideas that were submitted for an event and pick the very best ones based on relevance and timeliness of the content.
6. When will I find out if my session was selected?
It usually takes between 4-5 weeks after the Call for Presentations closes for the selection committee to review sessions and make decisions. After session selection is completed, Quest staff will email everyone who submitted a presentation with news of their session. You can check the status of your session by going to your submissions.
7. What does the status accepted, pending acceptance, hold, declined, and new mean?
Accepted- Your session has been selected for the event.
Pending Acceptance- Your session has been selected, however we are waiting on you to accept or decline your invitation to speak.
Hold- Your session has been reviewed and is still being discussed.
New- Your session is in the process of being reviewed.
Declined- Your session was not accepted.
8. Is there a PowerPoint template that I can use when I build my presentation?
Yes. PowerPoint templates for each event can be found under the "Upcoming Events" heading. Click the link to your event to find the PowerPoint template and other helpful resources.
9. Will I receive a registration code?
All PRIMARY speakers will receive ONE complimentary registration code. If you are presenting more than one session, you will still only get one code.
10. How do I get the registration code?
You will receive the registration code on a designated date decided by Quest. After your participation at an event is confirmed, you will receive a registration code and instructions for registering.
11. When should I book my hotel room?
Hotel information can change depending on the event that you are attending. Please be sure to thoroughly read all registration instructions and keep an eye on the event homepage for more information.
12. What do I need to bring when I am presenting?
You need to bring your computer and presentation. Quest will provide the projector and screen along with the connection cord. If you are presenting at a RUG meeting, check the event page for that meeting, or contact Julia Wilson for more information.
13. I'm interested in sharing my presentation outside of a face to face conference. Are there any opportunities to present online?
Absolutely! Quest is happy to provide Online Learning for our customer members and subscribers. If you're interested in sharing your story with our community in an online setting, please email Derek Schroeder
BACK TO TOP